Tuesday 9 February 2010

Charles Bukowski-also inspiration for my Professional Project

I have found myself quoting Charles Bukowski a lot lately, for those of you who don't know, Bukowski was an extremely talented American poet, novelist and short story writer from the 1920's through until 1990's when he unfortunately passed away.
I feel I can relate with a lot of the poems he wrote, this one especially:

"There's a bluebird in my heart that wants to get out but I'm too tough for him, I say, stay in there, I'm not going to let anybody see you."

Firstly, when people read this they automatically think deep and depressing when I read this I see myself, I am not a deep or depressing person in the slightest in fact i'm possibly the exact opposite. Yet I can sometime feel trapped/ anxious and not have a clue why!?

What is anxiety? I have been asking myself this for a while now, I assumed there was something missing in my life weather it be a person or a journey I hadn't yet foreseen, I have now come to the conclusion, its my lifestyle and where my priorities currently lay... I feel a shift in balance is in order for me to shift this horrible feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment